About the Company
Are you passionate about creating environments that empower girls, young women, and non-binary folks to transcend barriers and drive change? Can you imagine a world where opportunity and systemic pipelines within film and media are equally accessible to all?
Founded in 2018, Made In Her Image is a non-profit movement dedicated to the advancement of young girls and women in film, media, and technology, and strives to create and shape the film pioneers and revolutionaries of tomorrow. Through comprehensive stem development, we're engaging and empowering the next generation of storytellers, above & below the line.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Operations & CEO/ Founder, the Program Director is responsible for managing a portfolio of intermediary programs, seeking new opportunities, and serving as a resource in their field(s) of expertise.
Duties and Responsabilities
- Schedule Admin Meeting
- Create and Update Admin Meeting Minutes
- Attend all program meetings, take notes, and email them to MIHI Team
- Facilitate the development and execution of the social media calendar
- Create and send out a newsletter with event and program updates
- Respond to all social media communications
- Review and edit all social media assets and messaging
- Organize program timeline and send it to the board and CEO for approval
- Assist in developing educational content for programs
- Attend and support all educational program workshops
- Assist in the development of MIHI Core Programs and Curriculum
- Manage communication between MIHI and Partners during the programming period
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns for Educational Programs. Created a targeted content campaign for each Quarter focusing on one key area of impact.
- Oversee MIHI social media channels, blog, and newsletter. Utilized Canva to design and edit branded content. Manage and develop a schedule for publication to maximum viewership and impact.
- Collaborate with volunteers, staff, and partners, to develop content for events and educational programming to curate optimal design and digital representation.
- Meet with present and prospective partners to discuss collaboration and the development of educational programs to foster new opportunities for MIHI mentees.
- Additional Director of Program’s Tasks:
- Organize and launch educational programs. Created framework for the programs, recruit and prep Mentors, set deadlines for program rollout, curated content and program curriculum, recruited and vetted program participants, and assisted in moderating program sessions.
- Act as operational liaison for MIHI team, scheduled meetings, craft Admin meeting agenda, create a timeline for objectives, and ensure their completion.
- Utilized Asana, Google Chat, and Slack in tandem to foster communication hubs to ensure group cohesion and systematized daily and long-term operations for maximum efficiency.
- Manage and Organize MIHI Ambassador Program, Social Media Volunteer, and Internship Program
- A minimum of 2-5 years of relevant work experience in nonprofit management, arts management and/or grantmaking, public policy, program development, community development, civic engagement, organizational or community capacity building, evaluation, philanthropy, or other relevant fields (s) required. BA, BS, Master's degree, or equivalent experience a plus.
- Lived experience in a community traditionally under-represented in nonprofit leadership roles strongly preferred.
- Experience in arts organizations or arts grantmaking, with artists and cultural workers, and/ or arts for advocacy and social change preferred, especially within the film and entertainment space.
- Experience leading complex partner-funded contracting or grant initiatives, a nonprofit, or a startup venture a plus.
- Experience and/or comfort with operating in knowledge organizations and thought leadership roles in an evolving organization; a creative thinker and problem solver.
- Commitment to racial equity and participating in Community Partners’ equity and impact work.
- Familiarity with the landscape of LA’s nonprofit, philanthropic, and government sectors is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with diverse groups and in a team environment, with a collaborative and consultative style.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
View the full description of the position.
Starting at 30k